The Hall of Heroes Comic Con is dedicated to providing a harassment-free convention experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form. Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the convention, without a refund, at the discretion of the convention organizers.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion. It also prohibits sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassment via photography or recording, sustained disruption of panels or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the event space , sponsor, or vendor booths are also subject to the anti-harassment policy.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the convention organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the convention with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Hall of Heroes Comic Con staff immediately. (Staff can be identified by polo shirts or special badges.)
Hall of Heroes Comic Con staff will be happy to help participants by contacting security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the convention. We value your attendance and your safety is our primary concern.
Our show has always been and will always be as cosplay friendly as possible. We love the craftsmanship that goes into everything cosplayers do, but we also have a duty to make sure that everyone who attends our shows is safe and happy, so we ask that you review the following cosplay weapon policy.
Please note that everyone is subject to a safety screening and all weapons deemed safe by our team will be tagged before you head out onto the floor.
- Allowed Props:
- Lightsabers, wands, and sonic screwdrivers
- Unstrung bows
- Arrows if they are non-removable from their quiver or have a foam or no tip
- Shields of all materials with no sharp edges (metal shields are allowed but may take longer to screen)
- Lightweight plastic bats
- Staffs and brooms
- Whips (must be zip tied or otherwise attached to your person)
- Swords constructed of light foam, plastic, or cardboard
- Other items made from cardboard, foam, rubber, Worbla and likewise lightweight materials
- Obviously sci-fi or fantasy guns are allowed (e.g. Portal Guns, Han Solo blaster, phasers)
- These MUST NOT resemble real world guns
- They MUST be inoperable and cannot launch projectiles
- Prohibited Items:
- Realistic and replica firearms of any kind
- Glass or stone props
- Projectile weapons or ones that can launch anything (e.g. slingshots)
- Brass knuckles
- Real, replica, or simulated explosives, ammunition, chemical weapons of any kind, including but not limited to: Simulated bomb vests, cartoon bombs, bullets, hand grenades, claymore mines, firecrackers, pepper spray, mace, powder caps
- Metal or wood swords and other sharp-edged weapons
- Excessively noisy props including but not limited to: airhorns, bullhorns, whistles